Welcome to the IATEFL Teacher Training & Education Special Interest Group’s (TTEd SIG)
TTEd SIG – Developing the teacher trainers of today for the teachers of tomorrow.
Wherever you are in the world, if you are delivering training sessions to English teachers, then TTEd is the SIG for you!
TTEd offers an international network for teachers and trainers who work in
- Pre-service courses (CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL)
- Undergraduate/graduate ELT programmes
- In-service teacher education/development
- DELTA or Trinity DipTESOL
- Ministry of Education training courses
Join us to learn, share and collaborate.
What does TTEd SIG do?
The TTEd SIG aims to serve and represent the interests of its members and to enhance their professional development. It achieves these aims in the following ways:
- by organising webinars with key people from the field on topics chosen based on feedback from TTEd SIG members,
- by putting together a programme of specialised talks and workshops for teacher trainers and educators at the annual conference,
- by organising an OPEN FORUM at the annual IATEFL conference to discuss current issues in teacher training and education, to update the members and to report on the SIG’s business matters,
- by organising workshops and conferences in the UK and worldwide,
- by producing 3 newsletters a year on current themes in teacher training and education,
- by acting as a forum for networking within the profession.
Become a member of TTEd SIG to:
- be an active member of the profession,
- demonstrate your commitment to the profession to current and future employers,
- pay reduced rates to participate in the Annual Conference, and other workshops and conferences both in the UK and abroad,
- send a paper to present at the Annual Conference,
- receive newsletters on current themes in teacher training and education, which could help you to keep in touch with developments in the profession,
- meet, network and correspond with others in the profession at various platforms
- share your experience and/or research and contribute your expertise with a wider community,
- get frequent updates about IATEFL’s and TTED SIG’s events and webinars.