This scholarship was set up by the Teacher Training and Education SIG (TTEd SIG) in 1999. The driving force behind the conference fund was Gillian Porter Ladousse who was Coordinator of the SIG at the time. The fund, which was named the Gillian Porter Ladousse Scholarship after Gillian’s untimely death in 2002, was set up to enable a teacher trainer who is a member of TTEd SIG to attend the IATEFL Annual Conference.
The award consists of:
- registration for the TTEd Pre-Conference Event
- registration for the IATEFL Annual Conference
- GBP 1500.00 towards conference related expenses
To qualify you must:
- be an individual member of IATEFL and a member of TTEd SIG
- be a trainer with between three and fifteen years’ experience in ELT
- agree to give a talk or workshop on an aspect of teacher training during the conference
- agree to write a post conference article for the TTEd SIG newsletter on your talk by TBA
- agree to write an article for the TTEd SIG newsletter on how attending the conference affected your programme of work in your local context by TBA
To be considered, you must submit:
- a speaker proposal by the scholarship deadline
- a statement of between 400 and 500 words in which you :
- outline briefly your training context and describe a successful training session you have given
- list the factors which made it successful
- draw broad conclusions for your future training practice
- outline briefly how attending the conference will benefit you and others
The submission deadline is TBA. Early submissions are very welcome; late submissions will not be considered.
The results will be announced between TBA Please do NOT contact the IATEFL Head Office about scholarship decisions; the Scholarship Committee will send everyone the results as soon as they are available.